Cosmetic Penile Augmentation Surgery Training Course
Presenter Alexander A. Krakovsky MD, PhD, DrSc, FAAPS
This two day course covers:
- Patient Selection
- Risk Management
- Techniques of AlloDerm® Preparation
- AlloDerm Insertion
- Glanular enhancement with AlloDerm
- Penile augmentation surgery using AlloDerm
- Anatomy and Surgery
- Ante ultrices eget
Note: Life phalloplasty surgery observation is available upon request
This course represents the first educational objectives of the state-of-the-art in phalloplasty surgery, aesthetic male genital surgery, and post phalloplasty surgery using up-to-date surgical techniques for penile augmentations and reconstructions.
This course provides participants with practical and useful information for accomplishing the following learning objectives:
- Understand current concepts of patient selection for penile augmentation surgery.
- Use appropriate techniques for patient evaluation, diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Understand anatomical considerations regarding regional anatomy.
- Apply the Penis Image Assessment Scale as a guideline for patient selection.
- Make appropriate patient selection for the various combinations of penile augmentation surgery.
- Understand the varieties of causes that put the surgeon at risk in the penile enlargement surgery business.
- Understand the significance of potential risks.
- Apply awareness of potential risk to the individual patient.
- Understand use of psychological evaluation before penile augmentation surgery.
- Develop preventive measures to avoid frivolous malpractice lawsuits.
- Establish patient-physician trust; build the patient-physician relationship; establish a safe and confidential environment.
- Access the database of medical complications associated with cosmetic penile augmentation surgery.
- Identify potential pre-and post-surgical complications.
- Develop a risk reduction strategy using Medical Protective Shield.
- Determine the necessity for back-up and on-call consultation with difficult cases.
- Use available case monitoring and supervisory services after completing the course.
- Obtain malpractice insurance for phalloplasty surgery.
- Understand the importance of preoperative consents and the necessity for documentation before and after penile augmentation surgery.
- Prepare informed consents for penile augmentation surgery that include, but are not limited to, abstinence from sexual activity until complete healing, avoidance of strenuous exercise or contact sports, etc.
- Obtain samples of informed consent documents.
- Practice management procedures that increase productivity.
- Understand anesthetic techniques for penile augmentation surgery.
- Recognize the potential value of a complete penile block during penile augmentation surgery.
Techniques of AlloDerm® Preparation
- Use AlloDerm graft preparation techniques for penile shaft augmentation.
- Use AlloDerm graft preparation techniques for penile glanular augmentation.
- Understand the technique of AlloDerm insertion.
- Understand the preferred position of the graft under the skin of the penis for shaft augmentation.
- Understand the preferred position of the graft inside the glans of the penis for glanular augmentation.
Glanular enhancement with AlloDerm
- Understand the concept of independent glanular enhancement.
- Create grafts for independent glanular enhancement surgery using AlloDerm.
Penile augmentation surgery using AlloDerm
- Understand single penile widening augmentation technique.
- Understand single penile glanular augmentation technique.
Anatomy and Surgery
- Understand the anatomy of the penis.
- Understand the penile lengthening concept of incising fundiform, suspensory and collateral ligaments at the base of the penis.
- Understand the concepts of stretched penis and erect penis.
- Recognize the necessity of an aesthetic penis in penile augmentation surgery.
- Understand the anatomy of the glans of the penis.
- Understand the pros and cons of suture selection in penile augmentation surgery.
- Understand how to use various suture techniques for graft construction.
- Understand the principle of implantation and suturing of the graft with the penis on stretch.
- Understand the practical choice of penile size in single, dual and triple penile augmentation surgery.
- Understand critical aspects of pre-operative and post-operative patient education.
- Understand medical management methods following penile augmentation surgery, including the use of erection control medications.
- Understand the concept and techniques of penile stretching physiotherapy following penile augmentation.
- Understand the value of long-term follow up.